3.07.2014

Getting us to today

Just for the record I am REALLY trying to keep this thing updated. Having a 3 year old and a newborn does not allow a whole lot of time for things such as documenting your thoughts, however. I am currently sitting in the driveway blogging. Both children fell asleep in their carseats on my coffee run. Under no circumstances do I risk waking them up, so here I sit. Happy. Silence. Ahhhhh. Ok moving on.

So I left off the other day with my precious, perfect Mason's birth...

Masons first full day of life was Valentine's Day. It was no doubt the absolute best Valentine's Day I've ever had. We were up at 5am ready to hug and kiss our new precious bundle. The rest of our hospital stay went pretty much the same. Tons of cuddles and making out with the little man. Thank you so much to all of our visitors who remind us just how blessed we really are. We were discharged on Saturday. I was really missing Lexi poo and could not wait to get home to her. The weekend went great! Being a family of 4 was everything I dreamed it could be.

Monday morning we all loaded up to take Mason to his doctors appointment. I won't go into too much detail, but basically his billiruben levels came back way too high. We were instructed that he would need round the clock in home care to get his levels down. The next several days were really tough. Lots of tears and worrying. Each day a nurse would come to our house for his check up and blood work. On day 3 we got great news that his levels were dropping, and he would likely be able to come off his light machine the next day. This was such a huge relief. Knowing he was no longer in danger was such a sigh of relief, but also knowing I would finally be able to hold my baby more than just to feed him was the best feeling. Day 4's bloodwork came back great, and he was a free man. Ahh so many prayers answered. Thank you Lord!!!

The next two weeks were pretty much the best ever. Brandon was off work, so we did nothing except relish every moment as our new family. Lexi became more comfortable with him and has blossomed into the most incredible sister I could have ever dreamed. She is such a light in this world. Her heart is solid gold. Mason is one lucky guy to have her.

Brandon returned to work Monday. We have really missed him, but being home with the babies is still so awesome. I thought entertaining Lexi and keeping her happy would be a challenge with a new baby. It's actually been the opposite. She is always up for a new job. If mommy needs the paci or a diaper she is so happy to get it. She loves being a helper and that has been a gigantic load off of my shoulders.

I guess that pretty much catches us up. I missed a lot of details and was pretty vague, but from here on out Ill be documenting all the sweet little moments that I never want to forget.

Happy Friday! Much love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment