2.15.2012

Screw You Sickness, We're Going to DISNEY WORLD!!!

Hi. My name is Lauren, and I write a blog. Sometimes. Ok, occasionally. Ok, almost never these days. Here's a big update.

Starting at the beginning of last week right up until this very moment right now at least one of us Rhoton's has been very very very sick. I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR! I repeat, I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! Along with her entire school, Lexi got sick. I immediately took her to her pediatrician thinking that before it got out of control we would get her some medicine and nip this sickness in the bud. The doctor examined her, and without my Mommy instinct clearly missed the fact that something was festering and would get worse. He diagnosed her with a cold, and said she should be better by the weekend. Well, by the weekend she was a thousand times worse. And I had gotten it, too. Brandon spent all weekend running from Lexi's room to our room taking care of us. We started to feel better long enough to make Valentine's cookies, but that didn't last long. Then Sunday night it hit Brandon. First thing Monday morning we were all at the doctor. Lexi was rediagnosed with an ear infection and walking pneumonia. I was diagnosed with bronchitis. Brandon was lucky enough to get in with it first hitting him, but was still stuck with sinus crud and an awful looking throat. We all went home with our antibiotics and hoped for a quick recovery. Yesterday was like a beautiful ray of sunshine. We weren't 100%, but we were significantly better. Lex was back at school, and we were back at work. Being that it was Valentine's day, I rushed home to my honey and found the sweetest surprise! Brandon had picked up bacon wrapped filets from Mr. Ps, asparagus, yellow rice, bread, flowers, and balloons! I was just beginning to enjoy it when Lexi started throwing up all over the place! Are you kidding?!? She ended up throwing up every 5 minutes until about 1am. Poor baby couldn't hold anything down at all. Finally around 2 she fell asleep and got some rest. She's been with her Grandma today, and is seeming to be feeling better. (Knock on wood.) I pray that we are nearing the end of this loooong saga of sickness. I realize that this time of year with a 1 year old in school we are going to be more sick than usual, but this seems extreme!!! I have been joking that we all 3 need new immune systems. I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing stock in Lysol this year. We are definitely keeping them in business.

As I mentioned, my sweetheart was amazing to me on Valentine's Day. Just when I was sure he had forgotten about me completely, he showered me with love and goodies. Thanks honey. Love ya a million. And of course Lexi got a precious little balloon as well. So cute.

I am super duper excited that Leigh and Bill are coming in town to stay with us this weekend!!!!!!  I can't wait to see my favorite bride-to-be!!!!

I am also so excited to announce that the Rhotons will be taking our very 1st family trip to Disney World!!!!!! We will be gone for 7 days and are planning to do it up big! Each day we have character meals planned with an extra special one in Cinderella's Castle on the last day! I just know that this will be one of the best weeks of my life. I absolutely cannot wait to see Lexi's precious little face light up so big the first time she sees Mickey Mouse!! She is going to be so happy, which makes this Mommy so happy. :):):) C'mon, April! Hurry up!!!!

Bout that time to go home now. I have been without my baby all day, and I can't wait to see her! Mommy's coming Lexi. Get ready for a gazillion kisses! You too, B. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment