1.24.2012

From a blankie to our ABCs

Well, we've hit another Lexi milestone. As most of you probably know, Lexi has not been able to sleep with anything in her crib since the day she was born. I mean nothing. No blankets. No stuffed animals. No pillow. Nothing. The SIDS people (whoever they are) have warned against items in the crib citing that it is believed to be a leading contributor in SIDS deaths. My baby was not dying of SIDS, no way. Poor baby hated it but she doesn't have to suffer anymore! We have finally started to allow her to have these once forbidden things. The risk of a SIDS death drastically decreases around the 12 month mark. Lexi is very mobile and strong, and so I really felt fine about allowing her to finally get to sleep with a blankie and lovie. She is in Heaven! She absolutely LOVES her blankie. The first couple of nights she would curl it up and then lay her entire  body over it. I think she was afraid I was going to come take it from her. Ha! Kinda sad. After a few nights I suppose she realized I wasn't coming back for it and now uses it like a normal blankie. She curls her little face up next to it and uses the satin edges to rub along her cheek. It is so precious. We also threw a couple of her favorite friends in the crib. Walter the worm and Pinkie the bear accompany her to sleep every night now. Oh, and we must not forget her pot and pepper. Her obsession with her kitchen has really evolved into an obsession with every single item that goes along with the kitchen. She takes one of the pots and the pepper container everywhere with her. This also means they go to bed with her. It's quite the site to see really.



I posted earlier about Lexi's new once armed dance move. Over the weekend this move has evolved into a two shoulder shake. It is so funny! We caught a few seconds of it last night on video.



Our wonderful state was hit yet again by a deadly tornado. This time it was the Centerpoint, Pinson, Clay area of Birmingham that was hit. Luckily the death toll is much lower this time, but the property damage is extreme. People are still attempting to sort out whats left of those towns. Many people are without their homes, so please say a prayer for them. I am hearing so many sad stories working for Allstate. It makes it so personal when a lady that you talk to every few weeks calls to cry to you and explain that she now has nothing. My heart aches so badly for these people. It's just terrible. Our state was hardly rebuilt from the April storms and now this. So so awful. I do have to mention that I have never been more impressed with people in general. Even in the face of such devastation, I have not spoken with one person that has not repeated time and time again, "God is so good, Lauren. He is so good. We are so blessed to be alive. He is so good." It's simply remarkable to me that left with no material possessions these people are still praising Him. God is so good. And we are so blessed.

Better get to work now. Lots to do. It's a gorgeous day, and I intend on making the most of it.

Btw, my sweet precious angel girl has started to learn her ABCs. If you catch her at the right time, she gets about 10 of the letters correct and hums the tune to the rest of the song. While I was videoing her she only get about 3 of the letters. But hey, it's progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment