4.02.2014

Sick day with the Kiddos

Well my little boo princess is sick. Lex was feeling a little rough yesterday, but seemed to overall be ok. Around bedtime she got much worse, and it was a long night. Poor girl is so congested and has an awful cough. My throat is killing me, and Mason has started to cough. This is not looking good at all. I am so beyond thrilled that the weather is warmer, but this back and forth cold/hot is killing us. Make up your mind Mother Nature.

On another note, we had a pretty cool weekend. Dad surprised us with a last minute visit. The kiddos and I picked him up at the airport on Friday and went for lunch at John's City Diner downtown. Oh my word. So freakin good. I was already sold on the place after the pork belly bacon and roasted corn grits appetizer, but the chicken and waffles sealed the deal. It's my new fav, and I will be taking Brandon down there ASAP. While Dad ran some errands, Mason, Lex, and I stopped by Daddy and Nana's work for Mason's first visit. I wish he had been dressed up cuter, but thats ok. Next time he will rock his Polo. Naturally everyone loved him. Dad spent the night and was able to hang out on Saturday. Cookie is also in town on break from school, so we all got to spend some time together. Sunday and Monday was more family fun, and then Dad headed back early yesterday.

Lately our lives has mostly consisted of watching Frozen on repeat 24/7. When we are not watching the movie, we are most likely singing the songs. Don't get me wrong. It's a great movie. But by the 479383th time you watch, it starts to get a little old. We got a much needed break yesterday when the new Tinkerbell movie was released. I have a pretty good idea that our sick day today will go something like this- Frozen, Tinkerbell, snack, Tinkerbell, Mickey, meltdown, Frozen, bedtime.

Mason is now eating 5 ounces each feeding. He's growing so fast and gets cuter by the minute. Every time I look at him I swear he's even cuter than before. He is his Daddy's twin. I love it. I always said if I had a boy I would want him to look just like Brandon. My wish has come true. I'm pretty sure Mason will soon be on all formula. I am having to supplement so much that it's almost not worth it to keep trying to breastfeed. I don't feel bad about it at all. I cannot stand when women try to act like no matter how long or how well you're breastfeeding, its never long enough or good enough. Women in particular have such an awful habit of trying to break each other down instead of building each other up. The simple fact is being at home alone with a 3 year old and a newborn I cannot pump often enough to produce enough milk for this little fatty. And that's ok! Im still a kick ass mom. I was able to breastfeed Lexi for about 7 weeks. Looks like Mason will be the same. Similar sensitive here we come.

Off to drink my coffee and take care of my sick munchkin. Send us your well wishes. Have a good day! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment