1.12.2012

Christmas in January

I have been trying to wait until I had the chance to upload the pictures, but clearly that is taking entirely too long. Dad, Beth, and Izabelle came in town last Saturday afternoon so we could all finally celebrate Christmas. We were SOOO happy to see them!! It is so terribly hard on all of us that they are not around more. Anyway, they arrived Saturday, and we immediately got to the business of playing. Playing tea party. Playing dancing. Playing chase. Playing everything. Izabelle is the most full of energy kid I have ever met, and I love every second of it! Lexi was SO incredibly excited to have Izabelle here! She chased her literally the entire time they stayed. I joked that I hoped Izabelle was looking for a shadow. Saturday night we enjoyed a yummy dinner out, and then they came back to the house and spent the night with us. Sunday we pretty much relaxed and played all day long. More tea parties and shadowing. The little munchkins were just so precious together! Lexi definitely has had moments where she is excited about having kids around, but it has never been anything like this. She is totally obsessed with Izabelle! I cannot wait until the day they are back in Bham so the girls can play together every day! Sunday night Chip came over, and we had our Christmas party. Every second felt just like Christmas! Gpaw and Gigi got Lexi a Disney Princess motorized 4 wheeler. O-M-G!!! The girls LOVED it! We took it out to the road and let them take turns riding it. They were both in Heaven! So so cute!! I promise I will have pictures of our fun filled weekend to come soon.

This week is dragggggging on for me. I swear Tuesday felt like it should be Friday. Oh well. Almost over now. Whew.

We are getting really pumped up about a big couple of weeks coming up. Saturday we are going to see Ron White at the Alabama Theater. B said that this was his very favorite Christmas gift, and I am loving the gift too! I know it is going to be super fun, and we will have lots of laughs! Next week will be ALL about my hubby's 30th BIRTHDAY!!! Party time!!! We are celebrating by cooking at home one night, dinner with my family at PF Changs one night, and dinner with B's family at Ruth's Chris one night! So much for the diet that I started today! That's ok, though. It'll totally be worth it!!

Guess that's about it for now. Peace. Shout out to my daily reader, Beth!

1 comment:

  1. no shout out to your bestest who is in agonizing pain. i see how it is.

    ReplyDelete